Nucleus uses the JIRA OAuth method of authentication to connect a relevant account from Jira to Nucleus. This allows the user to create a bi-directional connection between Nucleus and Jira in order to track tickets in Jira connected to a finding in Nucleus.
1. From Nucleus, browse to the Connectors page then click the "JIRA" icon to add a JIRA connector.
2. In a new browser window or tab, login to JIRA as an administrator and click on the settings gear in the top right of the page
3. Click on the "Products" link.
4. Click "Application Links" in the lefthand navbar
5. Enter the URL of the nucleus trial instance you have been assigned then click "Create new link".
6. In the popup, click "Continue".
7. On the "Link Applications" popup, enter "Application Name" of "Nucleus, "Application Type" of "Generic Application", check the "Create Incoming Link" checkbox at the bottom, then click "Continue"
- Application Name: Nucleus
- Application Type: Generic Application
8. On the next screen, complete the following fields then click "Continue":
- Consumer Key: Enter a 15 character (or more) password of your choice
- Consumer Name: Enter "Nucleus"
- Public Key: Enter the public key displayed in Nucleus on the "Setup JIRA Connector" screen
9. In Nucleus, on the "Setup JIRA Connector" screen, complete the following fields then click "Save Changes"
- JIRA URL: The base URL of your JIRA instance. If you are connecting to an on-prem JIRA, please refer to how to set up internal tools to connect to Nucleus: Set up Tunnel Service
- Consumer Key: Enter the same consumer key you entered into JIRA in the previous step
10. Click "Connect to Jira" and wait for the Success confirmation.
11. Click the link which pops up underneath the "Connect to Jira" button
12. A new tab will open confirming that you want to grant JIRA access to Nucleus. Click "Allow" and wait for the "Successfully validated connector" message. Close the tab and go back to Nucleus.
13. Click "Connect to Jira" again and wait for the Success confirmation.
(Optional) Set up Webhooks for realtime Sync of ticket info
This is used to push realtime updates from your tickets in Jira back into Nucleus so you always have the latest information.
1. In Jira, generate an API token by clicking on your avatar in the top right, and then clicking "Account Settings"
2. Select the "Security" Tab
3. Select "Create and manage API tokens
4. Click "Create Api token
5. Enter in a label for the token, such as "Nucleus Webhooks"
6. Copy the API token and enter it into the form in Nucleus.
7. Enter in your email that you used to generate the token into the Nucleus form.
8. Click "Set Up Webhooks" and wait for success message.
You're al set! You can now get realtime updates from Jira back into Nucleus as the tickets are updated in Jira.