1. Identify the AWS region you are utilizing.
2. Identify the "Access Key" and "Secret Key" for the Amazon IAM user that you would like to use to connect to the Amazon EC2 API.
- We recommend creating an IAM user account with the following permissions in the EC2 api:
- You can find the API keys and secret keys by selecting your user account name in the top right and clicking My Security Credentials
- Copy or generate AWS access keys, as these will need to be entered into the Nucleus connector setup.
3. In another browser window, open Nucleus and browse to Project Administration > Connectors.
4. Under the Asset Inventory section, click the Amazon EC2 icon.
5. Select the Amazon Region from the dropdown
6. Enter the AWS Access and Secret Keys
7. Click the "Save Connection" button and wait for the Success message.
8. Click the "Verify Connection" button. You will see a message to notify you that the connection test was successful.
9. Close the popup window, your connector is now set up! You can now import Amazon EC2 assets via the Automation page.
10. To schedule imports of assets from your EC2 connector do the following:
- Navigate to the Automation Page
- Find the Asset Inventory Sync panel and click the + Add Rule button
- Enter in a Rule Name and Select your AWS connector you just created from the dropdown.
- Click Next
- Click Next again (only one region should be available, and auto-selected)
- Use the radio buttons and the asset matching rules below to choose which assets you would like to import
- Click Next
- Select a schedule on which to import your assets into the project.
- Click Save & Finish
Your assets will now be synced to this project on the schedule selected.
If you have any issues, email support at email@example.com.