This article will help you set up the BitDiscovery connector with Nucleus to start syncing asset data.
To actually create the connection between Nucleus and BitDiscovery, do the following:
1. Log into BitDiscovery and click on your name in the top right-hand side of window.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and copy the value from the "API Key" section.
3. In another tab or window, log into Nucleus and navigate to "Project Dashoard > Project Administration > Connector Setup" page.
4. Click on the BitDiscovery Logo
5. In the following popup, fill out the following fields:
- Name: Use this field to name your connector so you know which data you are importing into this project
- API Key: Paste in the key you copied from the BitDiscovery console
6. Click Save Changes
7. Click Verify Connection
That's it! You have set up your Nucleus instance to pull in asset inventory data from BitDiscovery
Sync Asset Data
Now that you have the connector set up, it is time to actually sync your asset data to Nucleus. To do so, complete the following steps:
1. In Nucleus, navigate to "Project Dashboard > Automation"
2. Find the panel titled Asset Inventory Sync and click the + Add Rule button
3. On the popup, select the BitDiscovery Connector you just created (It may be pre-populated for you) and click Next
4. Select the groups of assets you would like to import using the check-boxes and then click Next. The following options to import are present on this page:
- All Assets - This option will sync your entire BitDiscovery inventory to this Nucleus project
- Smart Folders - These options allow you to choose the smart folders you would like to sync to Nucleus
- Folder - These are the regular groupings or folders you would like to import from BitDiscovery into this Nucleus project.
- Source - These are the specific domains you are managing within the BitDiscovery console.
5. On this tab, you can choose which assets, from those groups you selected in step 4, to import into Nucleus. You can choose to import all assets, or to use matching rules to choose which assets to import.
- Note: This is especially useful for smart folders (which are groups of assets meeting a certain filter such as Expired TLS cert), so you can maintain access control to certain assets in Nucleus while keeping one smart folder in BitDiscovery. This step allows for more granular control with no additional overhead in the BitDiscovery console.
6. Click Next
7. Select your schedule you would to sync your assets to Nucleus using the calendar widget.
8. Click Save & Finish
You are all done! You are now syncing your assets to Nucleus!
If you have any questions, please reach out to your Nucleus support representative.