This article is intended to give you some information about how to use the Nucleus API to do various tasks.
Where To Find/Test the API for Your Instance
You can find the documentation (and test) the API for Nucleus by navigating to the url of your nucleus console with /nucleus/api at the end.
This url will direct you to all the documentation about the Nucleus API, including all supported requests and functions.
Note: In order to test the API, you will need to go to the API documentation located at your nucleus url.
To test the various calls of the Nucleus API, do the following:
1. Log into your Nucleus console.
2. Go to the top right of the screen, and open your 'Edit User Profile' window.
3. In the pop-up, click Generate API Key.
4. Click Show API Key
5. Copy the API key
6. In a separate tab or window, navigate to your nucleus instance using the url formula above.
7. Click Authorize
8. Paste your API Key into the pop-up and click Save
9. You can now test all the calls in the Nucleus documentation by clicking on the Try it out button in each of the API sections.
What Kinds of Files Can I Upload to Nucleus via the API?
It is possible to upload two types of files to Nucleus via the API:
1. Any natively supported file in Nucleus, the list of which can be found here.
2. Any custom file type which adheres to the Nucleus custom file schema, which can be found here.