1. Identify the AWS region you are utilizing. Note that Amazon Inspector API access is currently only available in the following AWS regions:
- Americas: Northern Virginia, Ohio, Oregon, Northern California, GovCloud
- Europe/Middle East/Africa: Ireland, Frankfurt
- Asia Pacific: Tokyo, Sydney, Seoul, Mumbai
2. Identify the "Access Key" and "Secret Key" for the Amazon IAM user that you would like to use to connect to the Amazon Inspector API.
- We recommend creating a dedicated IAM user that has only the privileges contained in the AmazonInspectorReadOnlyAccess policy.
- Follow the instructions here for more explicit information on access control and authentication for AWS Inspector: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/inspector/latest/userguide/inspector-auth-and-access-control.html
3. In a browser window, open Nucleus and browse to Project Administration > Connectors.
4. Under the Scanners section, click the Amazon Inspector icon.
5. Select the Amazon Region from the dropdown
6. Enter the AWS Access and Secret Keys
7. Click the "Save Connection" button and wait for the Success message.
8. Click the "Verify Connection" button. You will see a message to notify you that the connection test was successful.
9. Close the popup window, your connector is now set up! You can now import Amazon Inspector scan results by browsing to Import Scans > From Connector.