Editing notification rules in Nucleus is very straightforward and can be done in the following way:
1. Navigate to Notifications.
2. Click on the Configure Notifications button along the top navigation bar.
3. Here you can see your list of rules that you have already created. Select the rule you wish to edit with the checkboxes, and click Edit Rule along the top navigation bar.
4. In the Edit Rule Popup edit the following Information:
- Rule Name: Fill out a name to remember what the rule is and what parameters trigger this rule. This will show up in some of the notifications!
- Example: In-App Notification For New Critical Vulnerabilities on Business Critical Firewalls
- Notification Method: This is where you choose where the notification or ticket will go. You can choose as many of the notification methods in the rule as you wish.
- Note: If you select an external issue/ticket, a new tab will appear in the popup window which will allow you to configure the project/user who will receive the ticket for this particular rule.
- Vulnerabilities: Select whether this rule is triggered for new vulnerabilities or mitigated vulnerabilities found in new scan data, or both.
- Severities: Choose the severities of the new or mitigated vulnerabilities which will trigger this rule.
- Assets: Select the groupings of assets you would like this rule to apply to.
- Note: You can select all for all assets, or can group by asset groups, Hostnames, IP ranges, etc.
- Optional: Select notify about new assets if you want to be notified when a new asset has shown up in a new scan
5. Optional: If you selected an external issue tracker from the list to be ticketed by this rule, navigate to that issue tracker's settings tab in the notification popup.
Note: You will need to fill out the assignee of the ticket in the issue tracker, the issue type, and the project within the ticketing system, depending on the issue tracker you select.
6. Click Save.