Organizing assets in Nucleus is primarily done via the use of asset groups, which are used to isolate groups of assets that have things in common, such as functionality, physical location, responsible person/team, business criticality, or business unit.
These groups are used for a variety of actions within Nucleus, such as filtering dashboards & pages, creating granular automation rules, and generating reports.
Grouping together assets in Nucleus is a simple process, and each action for managing groups is outlined below.
Viewing Asset Groups
1. Navigate to the "Assets > Asset Management" page of your project.
2. You should see your groups panel along the left-hand side of the window. All Assets is selected by default.
Note: When you click on an asset group in the left-hand panel, the asset list and summary information on the right will update to reflect the selected asset group.
Creating Asset Groups
1. On the "All Assets" page, click the + Add New Group button in the left-hand sidebar
2. Enter in the new group name into the popup and click Save
Adding Assets to a Group
1. On the "All Assets" page, select the assets in the asset list you would like to add to a group using the checkboxes in the list
2. Drag and drop your selected assets into the group you want them to be a part of on the left-hand side.
This will add them to that group!
Modifying or Deleting a Group
1. Right-click on the group you wish to modify or delete.
2. Select either the Rename or Delete item.
Removing Assets from a Group
1. Select the group you wish to modify assets for
2. Select the assets you would like to remove from the group using the checkboxes in the asset list
3. Along the top of the page, look for a button labeled Group Assets
4. When you click that button you will get a list of all the groups these assets are a part of. This is denoted with checkboxes.
5. Deselect the groups you want the selected assets to be removed from
Repeat with as many assets and asset groups as you wish and are relevant to you!