1. Open a browser and login to Nessus or Tenable.io.
2. Browse to Settings > My Account > API Keys.
3. Click the Generate button, read the warning, then click Generate again. An "Access Key" and a "Secret Key" will be displayed. You will need these values in the following steps.
4. In a 2nd browser window, open Nucleus and browse to Project Administration > Connectors.
5. Under the Scanners section, click the Nessus or Tenable.io icon.
6. In the Setup Nessus Connector popup, complete the following fields:
- Name: Enter a short name for the connector to uniquely identify it, such as "Nessus scanner - U.S. East coast"
- Description: Optionally, enter a description for the connector
- Nessus URL: Enter the URL (including port number) of your Nessus scanner or Tenable.io instance
- Note: If you are using the Nucleus tunnel, please skip the rest of this document and start at the beginning of this resource: Setting up a Connector through the Nucleus Tunnel
- Access Key: Enter the Access Key from the Nessus or Tenable.io instance
- Secret Key: Enter the Secret Key from the Nessus or Tenable.io instance
Note, as an alternative to the Access and Secret Keys, you can enter your Nessus/Tenable.io username and password
7. Click the "Save Connection" button and wait for the Success message.
8. Click the "Test Connection" button. You will see a message to notify you that the connection test was successful. Your connector is now setup properly.
9. Close the popup window.